1. I have to say it makes me so miserable that I have no access to Google, facebook, youtube, twitter in Mainland China, which are already, become my daily routine now.最大的悲哀莫过于，大陆没有google, youtube, facebook,twitter， 以前还没有wikipedia, picsa, 和wordpress.
2. Something that I have to mention is the humidity in Hong Kong, which is another big feature of Hong Kong. Remember when it was in February, everything at home got moldy because of the humidity. The A4 paper on the desk became soft just like a tissue. The temperature then is below 20 degree, way below the temperature to have my AC on. But I was told I should have my AC on in order to suck the humidity out.在上海的时候已经觉得很湿了，但是香港的湿的程度可以让放在桌子上的纸都变软了。 这里的饮食习惯很多也都是要祛湿降火。 家里很多东西不注意就要发霉。这点让很多偏北方一点地区的人都不习惯吧。
3. It has becomes a common practice for people to stand on the right side of the escalator and leave a path on the left side for others to walk past them. The idea was promoted in Shanghai during the Shanghai Expo. Sometimes it’s difficult for people follow this practice. This problem is caused by the large mobile population in Shanghai which is virtually impossible to regulate.来香港的人搭地铁都会注意到使用扶手电梯的时候，左行右立已经成为很普遍的社会现象。 而上海世博的时候开始推广的， 但执行力度是不够的。
4. It’s fair to say that in Hong Kong, people‘s overall moral code in public is better than that in Shanghai. In Hong Kong, people will to say sorry when they bump into each other accidently.很公平的说整体社会素质要比上海的高，有时候你会觉得人们太过于习惯地去说sorry.
5. The price of the merchandise in Hong Kong is almost the same. They set quite a reasonable price for similar products. Some of the prices of products will fluctuate in Shanghai. Most of the time, you will have to bargain with the store owner to get a good price on the product, otherwise, you are charged more and it will drive you mad when you see the same item for a much cheaper price in another place.物价在香港比较平均，基本没有讨价还价， 在上海，不讨价还价就被人斩。
6. Allergies in Shanghai are much worse than in Hong Kong. I have allergy and sneeze almost every morning in Shanghai, but I am fine in Hong Kong for no reason. Some of my friends have the same situation when they travel to Shanghai. This is caused by the high pollution level in the city.我一到上海就每天打喷嚏，一回到香港就好。空气污染程度可见一斑
7. Most domestic merchandise is cheaper in Shanghai than in Hong Kong. But imported such as movies, wine, chocolate, and cosmetics are cheaper in Hong Kong. This price difference is caused by a higher import tax in Mainland China.能自己生产的东西上海便宜， 进口的商品香港便宜（电影，红酒，巧克力， 化妆品）
8. Hong Kong has a higher income and buying capability index than Shanghai. This can be shown in the real estate industry. That means, even the property price is very high in Hong Kong, Hong Kong’s people have work fewer hours to buy one square meter of an apartment than Shanghai’s people do.香港房价虽贵，但是收入和房价的购买能力的指数还是比上海人要高。
9. Apartment in Hong Kong is very practical. 400 square feet in Hong Kong can be a 3 bedroom apartment. In Shanghai, the same size apartment might only be 1 living room.我竟然能看见40多平米在香港能做成三室一厅， 这算是面积合理利用吗？
10. Hong Kong has a reputation for having excellent service. I can enjoy good service almost every where in Hong Kong. Sales staff are pleasant and be nice to people in order to maximize their profit. In Shanghai, sometimes, you will be upset when you came across some aggressive sales staff.以服务业著称的香港，当然以良好的服务态度著称， 我就从来没在公共场合受到冷遇。
11. In Hong Kong, it is easier for women with higher education to find a job. This is because its prosperous industries are service industries which need more female labor. The city’s higher education is created to incubate elite people. This means that only 10% of the people have the opportunity to go to university。来香港前就听说在香港女人比男人好找工作， 大学生在精英教育的体制下，属于少数人群。 所以女大学生在香港应该待遇还不错。
12. Canton Dessert and Dim Sum are better in Hong Kong than anywhere else. I can eat real dessert and dim sum here. There is no typical Shanghai dish to me; Shanghai cuisine includes elements of all regional food.在来香港之后，才知道在上海吃的茶餐厅的糖水都不是正宗的广东糖水，还知道了什么是正宗的点心。
13. I work in an office with people of all nationalities. Their practice is quite different. They want to work with people who can be their friends. For example, a girl from Canada once told me that she really wants to make friends at the office and hang out with colleagues after work. Unfortunately her colleague’s comments really hurt her. They said, “We never make friends at the office.” This is how it is in my office. Foreign colleagues like to have a drink after work for the happy hour. The local colleagues are eager to go home or hang out to have dinner with their friends. Foreign colleagues seem to be more active after work. As they said that they feel very guilty just to be at home so much. Chinese people probably would feel guiltier hanging out instead of being at home with their family.在上海的办公室， 女孩子们都很起劲哪里有最新打折，哪里又有优惠券了，总是以最实惠的方式买到自己心仪的东西。 在香港民族大融合的办公室里面， 各国国旗齐差，如果提到哪里有更优惠的东西之类的话题，不但不会引来共鸣，甚至会导致不开心。特别是外国人，不喜欢被别人说哪里可以找到比他们买的东西更便宜的东西。 香港和上海办公室文化其实相差不是很多， 但在呆过各种人种混杂的办公室后，我深深感到， 外国同事和中国同事的不同。 他们会很乐意和同事们下班了去喝一杯，而中国同事通常只是想要回家或者和他们自己的朋友出去吃个饭。 外国人喜欢和那些可以做朋友的人成为同事。 那些插着各国国旗的人们，特别是欧洲人， 他们喜欢星期一去哪里消费，星期二去哪里玩，星期三去哪里吃饭，星期四去哪里买东西，星期五去哪里聚会，周末留在家里，他们会觉得内疚。 貌似要把所有的薪水都贡献于这个社会，他们才安心，这也是人家国家繁荣富强的原因。
14. There are mountains everywhere in Hong Kong even in the commercial area. The mountains are a unique feature in Hong Kong. Many high buildings are built on slopes. Sometimes it’s very fascinating to look at. The drawback is that no one will bicycle on theses roads.香港到处都是山，连商业区都有崎岖山路。 所以没人骑自行车。 上海的山估计只有小小的一座佘山了。
15. In Shanghai, I can go directly to the best public hospital to see a doctor with my social benefit card. It’s just a one-time-errand. In Hong Kong, in order to cure my back pain I needed to go to the private clinic first to get the recommendation letter. After that I went to the public hospital to get the booking date. This was followed by a two- month of waiting to see the specialized doctor. After that, I needed another recommendation letter to have physiotherapy. I was also told by my insurance company that I needed recommendation letters too to claim back all these fees. This means that when I was seeing the doctor I needed to ask for at least three letters. One is for the next treatment, one is for my company’s sick leave, and one is for the insurance company. It really is a hassle to go to the doctors.我会拿着社会保障卡去上海的任何一个医院看病，一次搞定。 在香港我看一次背痛，首先要先去私家诊所拿介绍信（付费），随后去公立医院预约，随后收到预约纸后才能去看专科（通常2个月后）， 看完后还要专科医生介绍信才能去做物理治疗。 其中，开介绍信的费用，看专科的费用，和做物理治疗的费用，每次都要分别去保险公司报销。
16.People in Hong Kong are dedicated professionals. Detail is valued in every work place. In Shanghai, as the city has a fast-developing pace, it has a larger vision but lacks detail. In Hong Kong I learned to be a detail-minded person. The work atmosphere is quite different here from Shanghai. It’s more concentrated, tense, and efficient.香港人以专业著称。不过有时候显得太过于专业而不够灵活，上海人一般被称为很有远见，但有时候有点不注意细节。这是来自一个和中港两地做生意的老外的评语。
All in all, Hong Kong is a free harbor, which means low tax and freedom of speech. It is a good choice for many people from oversees to bypass the strict policy in China. Unfortunately, everywhere in Hong Kong is very compact. People are more stressed. To think of the good aspects, it is remarkable that such a small city comprises so many high-rises, mountains, and islands. It is also surrounded by sees. I don’t feel so hammed-in when I am on the beach or beside the mountain enjoying the good view.
Compared to Hong Kong, Shanghai is an old international city. It is a metropolis which has a longer history than Hong Kong. Shanghai has its own charisma. There are many charming places such as French Concession in Shanghai. Such classy, old, and nostalgic features of these areas can never be found in Hong Kong.